What makes us different
Rochester Community Schools
RCS Caring Steps Children’s Center is brought to you by the nationally recognized Rochester Community School District. The children’s center enables the district to offer infant and toddler care and expand current preschool programs to better meet the needs of the community.
The mission of the Rochester Community School District is to provide a quality education in a caring atmosphere for students to attain the necessary skills and knowledge to become lifelong learners and contribute to a diverse, interdependent and changing world.
RCS Core Values
At Rochester Community Schools, we believe:
- It is vital to instill a sense of pride and excellence for all.
- All students can learn at high levels.
- It is our role to make a profound impact on students’ lives.
- All decisions and actions should be directly related to our mission.
- Clear learning objectives, effective instructional strategies, and quality assessment lead to high student achievement and growth.
- A positive mindset that embraces diversity creates a strong culture and climate.
- Accountability, communication, transparency, and trust throughout the system are vital components of a healthy organization.
- Focused professional development and meaningful collaboration for all staff leads to positive student growth.
- All members of the school community will experience an environment where they are safe, valued, and respected.
- Family, school, business, and community partnerships are integral for student success.
- Students must be able to flourish in a global environment.
- All stakeholders are responsible for high achievement and continuous improvement.